A NEW, KNOWLEDGE-BASED SECONDARY SCHOOL IN CAMBRIDGE
The Knowledge Schools Trust is pleased to announce it has been approved by the Department for Education today to open a secondary school in the city of Cambridge.
The opening date for the new school is still to be finalised but it is likely to be around 2023/4. The school will most likely be located on a site to the east of the city, adjacent to the airport.
The school will be non-selective and will focus on providing all children with a classical liberal education. Its characteristics will include:
- High academic expectations, with 90% of children entered for the EBacc;
- Outstanding teachers with a depth of knowledge in their subjects;
- An emphasis on teaching all pupils a core body of knowledge, regardless of background or ability;
- Impeccable behaviour;
- Well-resourced art and music departments;
- Competitive sport;
- An extensive extra-curricular programme.
The school will be part of the Knowledge Schools Trust, which currently runs a secondary school and three primaries. The secondary – the West London Free School – is one of the 10 most over-subscribed state secondary schools in England and last year its GCSE results placed it in the top 4% of England’s secular, co-educational comprehensives.
Parents who wish to register an interest can do so by completing the form on the 'Register Interest' tab.