A NEW, KNOWLEDGE-BASED SECONDARY SCHOOL IN CAMBRIDGE
The West London Free School Academy Trust is pleased to announce it has been approved by the Department for Education today to open a secondary school in the city of Cambridge.
The opening date for the new school is still to be finalised but it is likely to be after 2020. The school will most likely be located on a site to the east of the city, adjacent to the airport.
The school will be non-selective and will focus on providing all children with a classical liberal education. Its characteristics will include:
- High academic expectations, with 90% of children entered for the EBacc;
- Outstanding teachers with a depth of knowledge in their subjects;
- An emphasis on teaching all pupils a core body of knowledge, regardless of background or ability;
- Impeccable behaviour;
- Well-resourced art and music departments;
- Competitive sport;
- An extensive extra-curricular programme.
The school will be part of the West London Free School Academy Trust, which currently runs a secondary school and three primaries. The secondary – the West London Free School – is one of the 10 most over-subscribed state secondary schools in England and last year its GCSE results placed it in the top 4% of England’s secular, co-educational comprehensives.
Parents who wish to register an interest can do so by completing the form on the 'Register Interest' tab.